Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bali in Flower

So long since I posted on my garden blog. Have not had much enthusiasm over the last few weeks. No rain, plants suffering, garden looking tired and miserable. Autumn, usually lovely up here, has just not happened. Not cold enough for the usual display of autumn leaves and those few that have turned fall very quickly. Autumn this year is a carpet of fallen leaves.

But, I have been to Bali and had a most enjoyable 10 days there, so I thought I would share with you the greenness and the lovely gardens that I saw. I only wish I had taken more photos.

The hotels we stayed in had beautiful gardens - labour is cheap and the tropical climate allows for luxuriant growth. The first shots were taken at the Puri Santrian in Sanur. This is a large resort with many rooms and extensive grounds.





The next shots are of the De Munut hotel in Ubud. Just a small place but very picturesque.


And finally some photos of a hotel garden we looked at but did not stay in.

These are just examples and by no means are they the best gardens, just ones we happened to see.

Even more beautiful were the grounds of a temple we visited. Here there were no gardenes employed. All the labour is provided by older locals who use the temple.






More later. Right now I'm off to watch the football. Go the Crows!!!

Liz Needle

No comments:

Post a Comment