Sunday, January 10, 2021

January 2021 - Catching Up.

 With nothing else much to do (it is 38C outside today), I chanced to look back at my old garden blog and discovered myself enjoying these old posts. I haven't been blogging much this last year - too busy doing nothing much in lockdown and its aftermath - but I have been doing a lot of gardening, so maybe I will give this blog another chance. But first to catch you up.

Three years ago during a summer storm we had a huge Eucalypt come down and smash part of the garden - and taking out most of the local electricity supply for 4 days. I was really upset as it was a pretty mature area with large camellias, magnolias and other established shrubs. It took 9 months for the insurance company to come in, fix up the fence, cut up the tree and remove several other large trees that had been damaged and had become dangerous.  I really didn't feel much like starting again.

Before

After




Once cleared there wasn't much left of the old garden, but there was a large empty area - and what gardener can resist such a challenge? Certainly not this one. Besides I had just retired and after organising the rest of the garden, I had time on my hands! Actually can a gardener ever have time on her hands?









Time to go shopping!!

Liz Needle  -  linking with "Our World Tuesday"








4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you again!

    I will look forward to seeing how you repaired that damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vireya,
    Thanks for dropping by. I have not been using this blog, but hope to maintain it this year. My enthusiasm comes and goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    It is sad to lose a big tree, we had a big pine come down in our yard.
    The year went fast for me, even in lockdown. Take care and stay safe. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to a wonderful garden yet again!

    ReplyDelete